And what about stillness at the surface of the ocean? And why have I said that it's hard to bear? And why all this talk about the social network, the ocean, and the noise?
Suppose you get out for a second. That is, you become enough removed from the social ocean that you can start to think of yourself in terms only of yourself (this might be selfishness, but wait). You might see the sun, or the clouds, or a rock, or something else against which to set yourself so that you know that you are you and not another. But what if there's an overcast stillness and the "now what?" feeling comes over you. Certainly, this has got to be one of the hardest things for atheists to bear. And if you're bright, you might tell me why (but there's usually no comment anyway so...).
But this is where I want to be: at the still surface of the ocean. I want to be outside of all of it. Then I'll find the sun so quickly and make my way through ocean with it, and nothing else, in mind (and this means keeping God [you can use any term you want] in mind).
No comments:
Post a Comment